Principal Social Worker
We are seeking a full time Principal Social Worker to manage and develop Pact’s Adoption Services and Pre-adoption Foster Care Service. The post is based in our office in Dublin. The successful candidate will report to the Chairperson of the Board of Pact. They will lead the Pact Social Work team, which is currently one office based Social Worker and a team of Sessional Social Workers based throughout the country.
- A recognised qualification in Social work (NQSW or equivalent) and a current CORU registration
- A minimum of five year’s post qualifying experience
- A minimum of three year’s appropriate experience in adoption/fostering
- Excellent management, communication, organisational and networking skills
- Working knowledge of the Standardised Framework for Inter-Country adoption
- Competency in report writing and assessment skills
- Experience in individual/group work and facilitation of training
- A full clean driver’s licence.
- Working knowledge of adoption legislation and the Hague Convention
- Foster Care Regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft office/power point
- Knowledge of funding requirements within the Community and voluntary sector
- Supervision training.
- Energetic and takes initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Meets deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Enjoys leading a team and supporting others
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- A commitment to the values and mission of Pact.
Pact is funded by the Child and Family Agency and is based at 18D Nutgrove Office Park, Rathfarnham, Dublin 14 and is an equal opportunities employer. Remuneration is in line with HSE salary scales. CV’s, copy of CORU registration and job description requests to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on Wednesday, 19 April. First Round Interviews will take place on Wednesday, 26 April 2017.
Shortlisting will apply.